Today Monday November 29th is ‘Cyber Monday‘. The biggest shopping day of the year?
Or is it Monday December 6th 2010 referred as ‘Mega Monday‘ where sales are expected to hit over €uro 1million per minute…
October 2010, IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index is expected to increase by 16 per cent in 2010 vs. 2009 for online Christmas sales, reaching £6.4billion.
Different forecasts come from various sources. For instance, Hi Media expect the European online Christmas sales to represent over 10 per cent of the European overall Christmas sales, representing respectively €uro 32 billion of the overall €uro 313 billion.
The UK, Germany and France will represent the highest total spend for the Christmas 2010 season, accounting for 65 per cent of the overall European Christmas spend:
- UK – €uro 77.2 billion
- Germany – €uro 64.5 billion
- France – €uro 62.5 billion
- Spain – €uro 31.2 billion
Denmark, Norway and Sweden are forecasted to spend the least overall at €5.4bn, €6.1bn and €9.6bn respectively.
How strong is online Christmas shopping in Europe?
- UK – highest in Europe with €uro 13 billion – i.e 17% of the overall 2010 UK retail Christmas sales
- Germany – €uro 8.2 billion – i.e 13% of the overall 2010 Germany retail Christmas sales
- France – €uro 6.3 billion – i.e 10% of the overall 2010 France retail Christmas sales
- Spain – €uro 624 million- i.e 2% of the overall 2010 Spain retail Christmas sales
Norway will spend €uro 0.73 billion online and Denmark €uro 0.61 billion.
Pierpaolo Zollo, from Kelkoo says: “Internet sales across Europe are set to be more important than ever this Christmas, with consumers spending record amounts online, and online commerce acting as the primary driving force for overall retail growth during the festive season.”
Don’t forget to track your online audience thanks to free simple tools such as Google Analytics and make sure you run an online reputation management program.
Latest posts by Christophe Bernigaud (see all)
- Infographic – Who Is Using Google Analytics Worldwide? - June 12, 2012
- France – Abusive SEO Tactics – A Beer Story - November 9, 2011
- How does Google Make Money? - October 17, 2011