John Brenne – Geolocalisation, hosting and domain issues
- Local links
- Ip address
- telling the engine
what makes your site regional ?
- your domain name
- sublevel domains
- country code
- all require local links
you can identify the language with META TAGS (the Lufthansa website does this).
Search Engine and local hosting – any local requirements for hosting to achieve good rankings ? In general not really for most (MSN listed with a yes ? ,meaning there could be a slight competitive advantage)
Kevin Starling – Exalead
- Natural language processing
- Per Language
- lexical entry
- automatic morphological analysis (AMA)
- Language detection
- Semantic processing
Semantics deployed – used to identify content in my language – extract related terms to match related terms – taxonomy.
Query strings have an average of 1.6 words – difficult to identify the language. Navigational queries are a dialog.
Sante J. Achille
Latest posts by Sante J. Achille (see all)
- European Interactive Advertising Association Report Dec. 2010 - December 21, 2010
- Buy Tourism Online 2010, Florence – Italy - November 17, 2010
- Statistics on Internet Usage in Italy September 2010 - November 15, 2010