Latest figures from Hitwise gives Google 74.8% of all UK internet searches in March. The top four search engines were responsible for 95.7% of all UK internet searches in the period.
Specifically Hitwise says:
- MSN.co.uk and MSN.com combined leads the following crowd with 7.8%.
- Yahoo (UK and Ireland) powered a grand total of 7.5% – just behind MSN.
- Ask brings up the rear of the top four at 5.6% share.
Director of Research for Hitwise UK says, “Google continues to dominate the search market in the UK – powering three quarters of UK internet searches. While Google is the dominant player, the race for the second most popular search engine is closely contested and will be interesting to watch following the re-launch of Ask at the beginning of February and the launch of Microsoft’s Vista in 2007.”
Hitwise, of course, doesn’t provide information for outside the English-speaking world yet. Maybe that’s in the pipeline – who knows?
Latest posts by Andy Atkins-Kruger (see all)
- Be prepared: A personal message from Webcertain’s CEO - May 15, 2018
- Why Someone Else Really Needs To Look Over Your Keyword Research – Especially When Multiple Languages Are Involved - June 6, 2014
- Commercial Russian Dates To Remember: Men’s Day (23rd February) And Women’s Day (8th March) - February 17, 2014