Anne introduces FaceBook as a business tool – 5 years old now ! Going to review the challenges FaceBook is faced with.
The map of Social Networks is articulated and complex.
by 2013 50% of UK population will be on Social Networks.
Anne Presents FaceBook numbers
- $ 419 M invested
- spending $ 20 M/month
- more than 50% of members are over 25
- women over 55 are the fastest growing segment
Linked in is big Twitter is active, FaceBook id Huge (will refer to FaceBook as FB)
Has created a $ 500 M market for application developers
Now FB has approx. 210 Million users
So why should we care ? Anne mentions brands that have been using it successfully. Take for example lenovo 2008 olympics team USA, or SHARP electronics with a mystery box contest, travel channel with interactive games about travel which drew visitors to the channel – these are THOUGHT STARTERS, how to make a benefit to your brand – FB groups are a way to reach niche audiences.
You can do highly targeted messaging and advertising – Cirque du soleil reach out to their fans ?
Challenges for FB ? Money
According to estimates every 1 million users add 1 million in capital costs !
If they’re not acquired they may setup an IPO
Sante J. Achille
Latest posts by Sante J. Achille (see all)
- European Interactive Advertising Association Report Dec. 2010 - December 21, 2010
- Buy Tourism Online 2010, Florence – Italy - November 17, 2010
- Statistics on Internet Usage in Italy September 2010 - November 15, 2010