How to Target Key Latin American Markets
Ana Leckenby – WebCertain
Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries total more than 200 million worldwide – an interesting audience.
- There are a number of economies that have survived difficult times – for example Chile, Argentina
- High tech cities
- A push to support globalisation
Things Latin Americans like…
- Transactional – people who like to do online banking
- Communicators – countries that are using the internet as a means of communicating
- Social – Mexico one of the top users
- Self improvement – used to search for jobs – here Peru is a leader
- New Web – Chile
There is a very high penetration for different uses – 25% people are using twitter a lot and updating their status online.
Ecommerce: they are buying books and computer accessories CD/DVDs Travel related, the Ecommerce is estimated to be USD 30 billion by 2010.
Most companies are not doing SEO – there is a lack of content SMBs find SEO very expensive and cannot see how they will benefit from it.
Paid search has a very low CPC – there is a good conversion rate.
The differences in language will tend to be greater for consumer goods – less likely in industry where the vocabulary will be more “standard”.
People don’t search using accents.
Sante J. Achille
Latest posts by Sante J. Achille (see all)
- European Interactive Advertising Association Report Dec. 2010 - December 21, 2010
- Buy Tourism Online 2010, Florence – Italy - November 17, 2010
- Statistics on Internet Usage in Italy September 2010 - November 15, 2010