The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications has announced the number of Blog and SNS registrations as of March 31, 2006. The numbers are the total memberships of 53 blog companies and 21 SNS companies.
* Blog membership: 8680,000
* SNS membership: 7160,000
The numbers at the end of September 2005:
* Blog membership: 4730,000
* SNS membership: 3990,000
The Video Research Interactive has announced the blog usage for March of 2006. The research was done with 37 companies and 55 blog services.
* March 2006, Blog unique accesses: 14,560,000 (900,000 up since October 2005)
* Average page view: 97.2 pages
Personal blogging has been growing largely in Japan, and VRI predicts that business blogging will grow rapidly in 2006.
Latest posts by Motoko Hunt (see all)
- Yahoo Japan’s E-Commerce Revolution: No Fees Model - October 7, 2013
- Rakuten Inc. to invest US$100million in Pinterest - May 20, 2012
- Yahoo, Alibaba and Softbank have reached the agreement on Alipay - August 2, 2011