Immanuel Simonsen

New International Advertising Opportunities For Social Marketers

According to LinkedIn’s 2012 second quarter results, U.S. revenue represented 65% of the company’s total revenue, while international markets accounted for the remaining 35%.

This gap, however, might be narrowed in the near future as the world’s largest professional network yesterday announced that it now offers advertising on its platform in 17 new languages, including everything from Malaysian to Turkish. Until now, these ads have only been available in English despite operating in 200 countries worldwide.

Ads-Linkedin-Examples

Needless to say, this is a major improvement for companies targeting non-English speaking consumers and could very well propel LinkedIn’s revenues from international markets upwards. As company employee Gyanda Sachdeva explains in a blog post, “this update makes it that much easier for members to share information and create messages that resonate with other members they want to reach.”

LinkedIn Advertising Global

Have you previously refrained from advertising on LinkedIn due to English availability only? And will this improvement make you reconsider (or increase your current ad expenditure) using LinkedIn as a medium to reach international markets? Let us know in the comments.

Immanuel Simonsen

Immanuel Simonsen

Research Manager at Webcertain
As the Research Manager of multilingual web marketing agency Webcertain, Immanuel heads up the company’s global market research activities and large content marketing projects. He is the author of several reports and guides, including ‘The Essential Guide to Rel-Alternate-Hreflang’ and ‘The Webcertain Global Search and Social Report 2013’. Apart from being a tutor at the International Marketing School -- teaching online marketing professionals on business opportunities around the globe -- Immanuel is a regular speaker at the International Search Summit, a leading event series dedicated to multilingual search and social media marketing.

One Response to New International Advertising Opportunities For Social Marketers

  1. DesignBuddys says:

    Hello.,

    Thanks for sharing information about International Marketers how to reach and other information. Could you provide me information about how to reach my site globally in other ways apart from LinkedIn.

    Thanks!!!!
    DesignBuddys

Leave a Reply

Yandex.Metrica