According to the The European Information Technology Observatory (EITO):
- Revenues from Internet access growing by more than 10 percent
- Telephone flat rates and online video sales are stimulating business
- Germany is the largest single market in the EU with a 25 percent share
The increase in revenue (+10.7% in 2008) is attributed to the falling prices of high speed DSL connections. Lower connection costs and higher speed stimulate consumption for online services (Music and Video on Demand).
According to the the latest EITO forecast, by the end of 2008 there will be an estimated 114 million broadband Internet connections in Western Europe, making fast data lines available to 26 percent of the population.
Sante J. Achille
Latest posts by Sante J. Achille (see all)
- European Interactive Advertising Association Report Dec. 2010 - December 21, 2010
- Buy Tourism Online 2010, Florence – Italy - November 17, 2010
- Statistics on Internet Usage in Italy September 2010 - November 15, 2010