Pear Analytics has released a report on Twitter “in search of finding out what people are really using Twitter for”.
The study examined a sample of US Tweets and provides interesting insights on how people are using Twitter:
* 40% of Tweets are BLA BLA (people talking … about themselves)
* 37% are conversational (people talking to people)
* 8.7% are informational (RE TWEETS, people relaying useful, interesting information)
The report provides numerous metrics including a section called Why Teens Aren’t Using Twitter where a 15 year old intern at Morgan Stanley finds Twitter not safe, and explains why teens prefer FaceBook and MySpace.
Sante J. Achille
Latest posts by Sante J. Achille (see all)
- European Interactive Advertising Association Report Dec. 2010 - December 21, 2010
- Buy Tourism Online 2010, Florence – Italy - November 17, 2010
- Statistics on Internet Usage in Italy September 2010 - November 15, 2010