The conference opened this morning with a very interesting keynote presentation by Chris Sherman on the history of the Internet and the evolution of search.
Web 2.0, vertical creep, new content formats were the topics identified by Chris in his presentation.
Anne Kennedy of Beyond Ink presented some figures on users are finding sites:
- 70% click on natural or organic listings
- 30% click on Pay-per-Click advertising
- 60% click on the top 3 organic listings
- 85% click on the top 3 Par-per-Click ads
Anne also presented information on the Internet usage worldwide where the the growth between 2000 and 2006 was 157% and right now Europe is the most dynamic population in terms of growth.
Web site Architecture was covered by Shari Thurow, explaining the basics of usability and optimisation that will remain fundamental in years to come.
Andy Atkins-Kruger addressed public relations in a presentation that illustrated how PR is an increasing online effort and how effective PR activities can drive quality traffic to web sites.
Andy illustrated the use of new feeds and rss, blogs, forums, and social networks as the main tools a PR campaign should use as an integral part of a visibility strategy.
Sante J. Achille
Latest posts by Sante J. Achille (see all)
- European Interactive Advertising Association Report Dec. 2010 - December 21, 2010
- Buy Tourism Online 2010, Florence – Italy - November 17, 2010
- Statistics on Internet Usage in Italy September 2010 - November 15, 2010