On June 6th, SEMPO Japan has announced the results of their 3rd annual Japanese SEM research at Net Marketing Forum in Tokyo.
K. Fukasawa (SEMPO Japan) and Motoko Hunt (SEMPO Asia/Japan) – me! gave the presenation.
The main findings of the research are:
- About 50% said they do both SEO and PPC, while more than 35% said they only do SEO
- About 80% said they use SEM for branding (company, services, products, etc.)
- More than 90% said they were happy with SEM campaign results
- About 70% said they do SEO “In-house”, and more than 50% said they do PPC “In-house”
- About 30% said they’d increase the budget for mobile SEM
- More than 88% of top level managements think SEM is very important to their business
The full report in English will be available to all SEMPO members from SEMPO website by late June.
Latest posts by Motoko Hunt (see all)
- Yahoo Japan’s E-Commerce Revolution: No Fees Model - October 7, 2013
- Rakuten Inc. to invest US$100million in Pinterest - May 20, 2012
- Yahoo, Alibaba and Softbank have reached the agreement on Alipay - August 2, 2011