In response to demand from UK and European delegates, the agenda for the upcoming SMX London has been adjusted to focus even more heavily on advanced search engine optimsiation and marketing topics providing a solid training opportunity for European-based search marketers. Chris Sherman, the host for the conference, has always focused on good content and whilst SMX Advanced in Seattle is supposedly the most ‘advanced’ SMX event, London is undoubtedly a bright spot on the calendar.
It’s always a privilege to be invited to speak at these conferences and I’ll be speaking and moderating several sessions – but here’s some star speakers to look out for based on my personal experience of seeing them speak – just to demonstrate the strength of the line-up – and to give you the very best reason to go!
- Dixon Jones - Long term moderator on long term forums – Dixon knows his way around SEO and can answer any question.
- Brian Clifton - Ex-head of Google Analytics Europe – Brian should really be called ‘Brain’ Clifton. Read his Google Analytics book – you’ll see what I mean!
- Barry Lloyd - Listen to Barry speak – but try and speak to him in the bar too and get him to tell you stories about the search industry to make your hair curl.
- Shari Thurow- Boy what doesn’t Shari know about search and usability combined – no contest. She’s also a great presenter.
- Mikkel Demib Svendsen - Famous for his loud suits – Mikkel is a passionate SEO who is terrifyingly good at site clinics (I once tried to moderate a clinic with Shari and Mikkel – scary – ask me when you see me).
- Richard Zwicky - Mr Click Quality. He knows better than anyone how many clicks are good – and how many are, well, not quite so good.
- Kristjan Mar Hauksson - organiser of the Reykjavik Internet Marketing Conference – Kristjan is one of the liveliest presenters on the circuit with a Viking twist (no they didn’t have horns in their helmets) – and a Multilingual-Search editor.
- Christine Churchill - Has been speaking on keywords since keywords were invented – well almost.
- Mike Grehan - Mike invented search – in fact he wrote the book – ’nuff said!
- Rand Fishkin - Seattle-based Obama of the search marketing industry (sorry Rand :)), Mr Fishkin is always supremely informative and entertaining. Don’t miss him.
As for me, I’ll be speaking on the Industrial Strength SEO, Analysing & Converting Paid Search Traffic and Advanced Keyword Research Tactics panels as well as moderating on a few other sessions. And there are other great speakers too – the above is just a sample – sorry for not mentioning anyone I missed.
My main point is – that the combined experience of the people above = added ROI on your campaigns. Don’t miss it.
Latest posts by Andy Atkins-Kruger (see all)
- Be prepared: A personal message from Webcertain’s CEO - May 15, 2018
- Why Someone Else Really Needs To Look Over Your Keyword Research – Especially When Multiple Languages Are Involved - June 6, 2014
- Commercial Russian Dates To Remember: Men’s Day (23rd February) And Women’s Day (8th March) - February 17, 2014