Yandex, the largest search engine in Russia with 55% market share, has released a report on the current state of contextual advertising in Russia. Their data comes from their advertising platform, Yandex Direct and covers the period from January 2006 to June 2007.
- Yandex Direct showed 140m adverts per day
- 1.2/1.3m advert clicks per day
- Contextual Advertising turnover amounted to $110m (145% increase on 2005)
- Over 50% of the total Russian Internet Advertising budget ($210) is spent on contextual advertising
- Customers for contextual advertising increased in 2006 to 60-70%.
- Number of conversions on contextual ads on the sites of advertisers has increased by 4x (280%).
- Major buyers of contextual advertising are businesses with high product or service cost: manufacturers and suppliers of industrial products (B2B-segment), the construction, automotive, insurance and financial markets. Other growing areas are the business services, tourism and real estate sector.
- Most of the traffic for contextual advertising comes from Moscow, equally Moscow advertisers provide over 70% of advertising turnover.
Full report in Russian can be downloaded here (PDF)