I just read the survey taken by OPT and Cross Marketing with 300 male and female Blog and SNS users in Japan. It has interesting results about what have the impact on Japanese consumers in purchasing products and services.
Q. What media do you use to obtain and share the information of the product and the services you purchase?
1. Where do you get the initial information?
– TV ads: 72.0%
– Web: 58.0%
– Magazines: 50.7%
2. Where do you get the detailed information?
– Web: 46.7%
– Magazine: 45.3%
3. Where do you inform your purchasing experience and the review?
– Blog: 64.0%
– SNS: 54.0%
4. Do you trust the information you read on Blog and SNS?
– Yes 83.7%
– “Because those are written by someone I know.”
– “Because it usually has detailed information and the review of the product.”
Latest posts by Motoko Hunt (see all)
- Yahoo Japan’s E-Commerce Revolution: No Fees Model - October 7, 2013
- Rakuten Inc. to invest US$100million in Pinterest - May 20, 2012
- Yahoo, Alibaba and Softbank have reached the agreement on Alipay - August 2, 2011