Russian search leader Yandex, has released their Autumn report on the current state of the blogosphere in Russia. As you might expect, the report is in Russian so I’ll give you some of the highlights here.
– There are now 3.1m blogs in Runet, 2.6 times larger than this time last year.
– The blogosphere in Russia represents 3% of the global total but this figure is now larger than the share of Russian users (2%)
– Now there are more Russian language blogs than French, German or Portuguese ones, but less than blogs in Spanish, Italian, Chinese, English or Japanese.
– More than 75% of Russian blogs host on liveinternet.ru, livejournal.com, blogs.mail.ru, diary.ru and loveplanet.ru
– About 7000 new blogs appear daily in Runet. There are about 120’000’000 recorded there now.
– Most blogs (60%) belong to female bloggers. However this figure has fallen since the first quarter this year (64%).
– The average blogger is 22 years old (1 year increase on last year)
– About 70% live in Russia, largest other geographic locations are USA and Ukraine.
– 1/3 of Russian bloggers have 10 friends
The diagram below shows the total number of active blogs (yellow) per platform. The blue lines indicate abandoned blogs.
The full report in Russian can be downloaded here.