A common challenge for B2B marketers is accurately measuring their campaigns and digital marketing efforts. Measuring results is important. After all, at the end of the day, it is the results that matter the most, as well as the learnings that we take from them.
The first step of properly measuring the results of your digital marketing efforts is to set goals. These goals need to be realistic and meaningful. To get results that will give you an honest view of the performance of a campaign, it is very important to align your goals with the B2B marketing funnel and the customer journey.
Let’s take a look at the B2B marketing funnel (below), as well as some examples of goals that could be set for each stage of the funnel.
- During the awareness stage, you may want to measure page views or look at the number of impressions that your PPC display campaigns are getting.
- During the interest and consideration stages, you may want to look at your number of email subscribers and the engagements you have with your campaigns.
- During the intent stage, you may want to look at trial and demonstration sign-ups.
- During the evaluation and purchase stages, you may want to look at the number of purchases that have been made and the amount of money that you have made.
To summarise, break down your key performance indicators (KPIs) to reflect the different stages of your customer journey. This will give you an accurate view and understanding of how well your digital marketing strategy is working.
I hope this blog post has given you a useful introduction to how to set meaningful goals in the B2B sector. For more information, read my free, full-length guide here. The guide covers:
- how B2B companies can set meaningful goals for their international digital marketing campaigns
- how B2B companies can properly measure the results of their international digital marketing efforts
Latest posts by Maja Morawska (see all)
- How to set meaningful goals in the B2B sector - August 16, 2019
- Three tips for market research for manufacturers - August 15, 2019
- International content marketing in the manufacturing sector - May 24, 2019