An increasing number of brands are paying attention to the US Hispanic population and trying to tap into this diverse and lucrative segment of American society.
However, not all these brands are aware of the opportunities that are offered by the Latin American market as a whole.
There are 16 Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
These countries have huge growth potential, making them extremely appealing markets for global brands wanting to increase their international sales.
If you already have a presence in one Spanish-speaking market, you might think that you can simply copy your existing Spanish content and re-use it to target all 16 Latin American markets.
However, that would be a big mistake, as different varieties of Spanish are used in the different countries.
Just like British versus American English, these different varieties of Spanish have different vocabulary, phrases and even grammar.
So, what is the solution to this tricky problem? How are you supposed to target the whole Spanish-speaking Latin American region? One answer is to use Universal Spanish.
Universal Spanish is just one of the topics discussed in our webinar recording: “How to tackle the Latin American and US Hispanic markets online”.
In this webinar, you will learn about:
- the complexities of the target language for the US Hispanic segment and Latin American region and how to tackle language variations successfully
- Universal Spanish and how to avoid pitfalls when localising and adapting content for a Spanish-speaking audience
- actionable insights into the technical aspects of managing the local language content of a website
- consumer insights for Latin American markets
Latest posts by Melisa Araya (see all)
- Watch the recording: How to tackle the Latin American and US Hispanic markets online - September 17, 2020