Is Pinterest missing from your current social media marketing strategy?
If the answer is yes, you are not alone – unfortunately, many brands are missing out on the incredible marketing opportunities that Pinterest provides, particularly B2B brands.
This is despite the fact that, if used properly, Pinterest can be a channel that provides both B2B and B2C brands with huge amounts of traffic and conversions with very little spend.
To understand what makes Pinterest such a valuable platform, let’s crunch some numbers:
- over 300 million monthly active users
- 90% of weekly users make purchase decisions on Pinterest
- over 200 billion Pins are saved by Pinners
- reach an international audience – over half of Pinners live outside the US
As you can see, Pinterest is a popular platform, and its users are not idle scrollers. “Pinners”, as they are known, use Pinterest as a source of inspiration.
They search for items they are interested in buying, and a staggering 90% of weekly users end up making a purchase decision as a result.
Not only that, but Pinners typically spend significantly more money than non-Pinners (for example, 27% more on click-and-collect grocery shopping, according to one study).
In other words, Pinners are a high-value audience – digitally savvy, with high spending power – and what they buy is often influenced by what they see on Pinterest.
Now, do you understand the sheer scale of the opportunity your business is missing out on by not having a presence on Pinterest?
If you want to learn how best to create a successful marketing strategy for Pinterest, check out our two webinar recordings on this topic:
In these webinar recordings, you will learn:
- an in-depth overview of Pinterest, including audience, traffic, growth and key statistics
- best practice for organic social media marketing on Pinterest
- best practice for paid social media marketing on Pinterest
- how to create and implement a successful strategy on Pinterest
Latest posts by Anlieka Marconi (see all)
- 3 tips for telling your brand story on social media - November 7, 2023
- Instagram marketing advice for B2C and B2B brands - January 20, 2023
- 3 Weibo features you may not have heard of - December 15, 2020