If I could use only one statistic to show the mind-boggling growth in global mobile internet usage and social media, this would be it: The number of mobile monthly active users on Facebook has increased by 265 million over the course of a year – from 680 million in Q4 2012 to 945 million in Q4 2013.
I repeat: 265 million. In just 12 months. That’s more than the entire US internet population.
While I’m sure that stressing the importance of mobile and social media is more or less obsolete in this day in age, the speed at which these channels are evolving continues to amaze and surprise even the savviest of marketers. Add international search to the mix and I can see the steam rising from your head.
But don’t worry – we’ve got your back.
Today, we’ve published our Global Search and Social Report 2014, which covers the state of search and social media in 38 important digital markets (we’ve added Colombia, Nigeria, UAE, Ukraine, Venezuela and Vietnam to the lot), that will help inform and shape your international strategy.
Below are 7 breathtaking global search and social media insights from the report, which can be downloaded for free here.
1. Analysts may be worried about anemic user growth, but Twitter has achieved significant global scale
2. Social media is a truly global phenomenon
3. The world’s by far biggest internet market just keeps getting bigger
4. Baidu faces stiff competition as 360 Search keeps gaining momentum
5. Did I already mention that Facebook’s mobile audience is HUGE and highly engaged?
6. Russian search giant Yandex maintains clear leadership in its home market
7. APAC’s scale and growth are amazing; so is the social affinity in the Middle East and Africa
Download Full Report
Just in case you haven’t done so already, why don’t you go ahead and download the full report - you won’t regret it! But hey, don’t take my word for it. Check out what the guys over at Smart Insights are saying about the report.
Latest posts by Immanuel Simonsen (see all)
- Is Baidu Losing Its Crown In China? - July 31, 2015
- Global Logistics Brand DHL Eyes Chinese Ecommerce Growth - July 27, 2015
- VKontakte To Launch Rival To Instagram - July 21, 2015