According to the survey done by Internet.com (japan.internet.com) and Infoplant (www.info-plant.com), only 20% answered that they used websites to research the restaurants and/or hotels where they spent the last holiday seasons.
Also, out of 300* survey participants, only 26 answered that they purchased holiday gifts online last year.
* 300 internet users in Japan in 20s and 30s. Male:Female=50:50
Q: Where did you find the information about the place to spend the holiday?
- Only 4 out of 300 answered that they searched the information on the internet.
Q: Did you use coupons on the website and/or magazines?
There were no coupons-31.8%
Not sure if there was a coupon-40.9%
Q: Where did you purchase holiday gifts last year?
Latest posts by Motoko Hunt (see all)
- Yahoo Japan’s E-Commerce Revolution: No Fees Model - October 7, 2013
- Rakuten Inc. to invest US$100million in Pinterest - May 20, 2012
- Yahoo, Alibaba and Softbank have reached the agreement on Alipay - August 2, 2011