Mexico is an increasingly popular market for global brands, particularly those with a presence in the southern United States.
With a population of almost 130 million people, that is a lot of potential customers just waiting to try out what you have to offer!
If you want your brand to succeed in Mexico, you need to tailor your marketing activities to the Mexican culture.
Let’s look at three ways you should adapt your marketing strategy for Mexico.
1. Mexicans are more focused on the present, than the long-term future
People and businesses tend to measure success in the short-term, with importance being placed on quarterly results.
When marketing in Mexico, you should therefore focus on how your product or service can help them in the short-term.
Do not focus on long-term benefits, as that is not relatable. Instead, focus on how your product or service can help them get quick, instant results.
2. Indulgence is seen as a positive thing in Mexico
Value is placed on leisure time, the gratification of one’s desires, and personal enjoyment.
Bear this in mind when coming up with your marketing messaging, and do not be afraid to make bold, exciting or extravagant statements that emphasise how your product or service can help the customer enjoy themselves.
3. Brand loyalty is very high in Mexico
This means that if you manage to earn the custom of a Mexican shopper, you may have just gained them for the long-term.
Loyalty programmes work well in this market, so they are well worth adopting when targeting Mexico.
I hope this blog post has given you a useful introduction to how you need to adapt your marketing strategy for the Mexican culture. For more in-depth information, read Webcertain’s online consumer behaviour report here.
This 219-page report gives concise, up-to-date overviews of the cultures of 38 countries worldwide.
- Learn how each country scores for Hofstede’s cultural dimensions.
- Discover what this means in terms of marketing.
- Get additional insights directly from our experience helping global brands.
Latest posts by Elin Box (see all)
- 6 steps to international Amazon marketing success - December 11, 2020
- 3 tips for adapting your marketing strategy for the Brazilian culture - December 8, 2020
- 3 tips for adapting your marketing strategy for the Saudi Arabian culture - December 4, 2020