Both search engine and social media marketing are important when targeting the Middle East.
In order to see success, you must understand where your target audience spends their time online, what their motivations and challenges are, and how to create a marketing strategy that takes into account local cultural considerations.
Luckily for you, we will be hosting a free webinar on this exact topic, to help you get the most out of your Middle Eastern search engine and social media marketing campaigns.
So, what do you need to be aware of if you are doing, for example, search advertising to target the Middle East?
My key piece of advice here would be that you should not think of “the Middle East” as one homogenous region, but rather as a set of distinct countries with their own special considerations.
There are differences in the Arabic language used in different Middle Eastern countries.
This means you should do keyword research from scratch for each country you want to target, so that you can make sure you target the most relevant keywords for each market.
Although standard Arabic is the most used in writing, some keywords may be less or more popular than others depending on your target country.
Another thing to consider is that different Middle Eastern countries have different cultures.
For example, Saudi Arabia is more culturally conservative than the United Arab Emirates, which in turn is more conservative than Lebanon.
You should properly research what is culturally acceptable in each target country, and make sure that your ads and website content reflect this.
If you want to learn more about search marketing and social media strategy for the Middle East, we will be holding a free webinar on this topic on 19 November 2020 at 3pm GMT (10am EST).
In this webinar, you will learn:
- an overview of the search engine and social media landscape in the Middle East
- key linguistic and cultural factors to consider when doing search marketing, both organic and paid
- how to develop a winning social media strategy for the Middle East, including influencer marketing
To register for this free webinar, click here!
Latest posts by Lamyaa Nadim (see all)
- Upcoming webinar: International social media strategy for 2021 - December 9, 2020
- Upcoming webinar: Search marketing and social media strategy for the Middle East - November 12, 2020
- Upcoming webinar: How to succeed online in the Middle East - October 22, 2020