Jatalla is an new and interesting way to organize and explore the web. Unlike “traditional search engines” Jatalla’s motor are people, called to describe a web site based on their experience as users.
Jatalla relies only upon relevance rankings performed personally by actual human beings. People are literally the ranking mechanism.
The user must register and log in to cast a lexivote: A lexivote is a user-submitted evaluation that consists of two parts:
- a search term and
- at least one URL
The URL is that of the web page which the user believes to be most relevant to the search term. If more than one URL is submitted, the first URL in a given lexivote is weighted more heavily than the second, which is weighted more heavily than the third.
- Jatalla – The Humam powered Search Engine
- Human search engine Jatalla – Interview with Shelly Harrison
Sante J. Achille
Latest posts by Sante J. Achille (see all)
- European Interactive Advertising Association Report Dec. 2010 - December 21, 2010
- Buy Tourism Online 2010, Florence – Italy - November 17, 2010
- Statistics on Internet Usage in Italy September 2010 - November 15, 2010