Managing Websites Across Multiple Markets
David Sowerby – Straker Software
- The internet community is changing – major changes are under way
- forces driving the global economy have shifted
- must focus on international – moving into new markets
The web is the most effective media to open new markets.
The translation industry hasn’t changed over the past 20 years. Traditional workflows related to multilingual translation takes between 5 and 7 days. This is slow and costly so a viable avenue is a Machine Translation (MT) with a human review. Body content can be MT with a human touch: Computer assisted translated. This is a controversial issue but the scale of what is beginning is such to require this kind of assistance.
Sante J. Achille
Latest posts by Sante J. Achille (see all)
- European Interactive Advertising Association Report Dec. 2010 - December 21, 2010
- Buy Tourism Online 2010, Florence – Italy - November 17, 2010
- Statistics on Internet Usage in Italy September 2010 - November 15, 2010