Due to the pandemic of COVID-19, the education sector has been forced to change dramatically in the short space of months.
This has involved a large shift towards online learning, making education providers’ online presence more important than ever.
Whilst face-to-face interaction is important for student recruitment, online strategies are becoming more and more successful.
This is particularly the case for education providers who are looking to increase their number of international students.
But what are the best online advertising channels for reaching and recruiting these bright young minds?
Do the search engines and social media platforms that these young people use differ around the world?
The answer is yes, and if you are to successfully navigate the complex waters of international digital marketing and choose the right platforms for the right countries, you need to have a proper understanding of your target markets.
Let’s look at China as an example; one major source of international students to countries around the world.
Advertising on Google would be a complete no-go in China, since the search engine is blocked there. Instead, you would need to run your search advertising campaigns on local search engines like Baidu and Sogou.
Your social media advertising strategy would need to be completely different too. All the main Western social platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are blocked in China. Instead, you would need to focus your social advertising efforts on popular local platforms like WeChat.
If you want to learn more about how to choose advertising channels for higher education international student recruitment, check out our webinar recording on this topic now!
In this webinar, you will learn:
- an overview of international student recruitment for the higher education sector
- key differences between domestic and international advertising
- how to approach international social media advertising in the education sector
- when and how to use paid media to reach prospective international students
Latest posts by César Gonçalves (see all)
- When should you conduct market research? - July 27, 2022
- Watch the recording: How to use market discovery intelligence to make strategic global marketing decisions - April 14, 2022
- 3 tips for digital marketing in Brazil - October 6, 2021