Yahoo and Google have come to the agreement on the partnership in Japanese market. It was officially announced on each blog on July 27th. While the effective date is yet to be decided, according to the announcements, we can expect below changes.
1. Yahoo’s organic search will be powered by Google, though each site would have a room to make the results their own. (You won’t get exactly the same results from them.)
2. Yahoo will adopt Google’s PPC platform for their PPC services. The accounts will be handled separately.
3. Yahoo will feed content data from Yahoo shopping, Q&A, etc. to Google for their blended search results.
Latest posts by Motoko Hunt (see all)
- Yahoo Japan’s E-Commerce Revolution: No Fees Model - October 7, 2013
- Rakuten Inc. to invest US$100million in Pinterest - May 20, 2012
- Yahoo, Alibaba and Softbank have reached the agreement on Alipay - August 2, 2011