Peter Maxmin – Bing
BING now investing “heavily” in Europe.
People rely heavily on search , but only 1 in 4 queries deliver successful results, 42% of sessions require refinements and search today does not tailor for user intent.
Search sessions are long and repetitive – for rx. seeking a digital camera – isers will switch engines, use price comparison, then reviews, … the overall work involves 15 queries and can take as long as 2 days.
Sessions are also decision oriented – 66% more people use Search for this. – Decision sessions are lengthy
- user are dissatisfied
- users want help searching
- users increase focus on tasks and decisions (not originally designed for these new tasks)
- deliver results
- organize a better experience
- deliver information for decision and task management
Sante J. Achille
Latest posts by Sante J. Achille (see all)
- European Interactive Advertising Association Report Dec. 2010 - December 21, 2010
- Buy Tourism Online 2010, Florence – Italy - November 17, 2010
- Statistics on Internet Usage in Italy September 2010 - November 15, 2010