Key opinion consumer marketing, or KOC marketing, is an important social media marketing strategy in China.
It involves harnessing the power of KOCs to promote your brand on social media.
KOCs are micro-influencers who have a small but dedicated group of followers within a specific niche.
By working with relevant KOCs, you can increase your brand awareness with your target audience and boost sales.
This blog post will look at three tips for KOC marketing in China.
1. Turn your existing customers into brand spokespeople
One way to choose a KOC is to find someone who is already a brand consumer. People are more likely to increase their purchase intentions after they see positive product photos released by other consumers. Therefore, it is always good to turn your existing customers into your brand spokespeople. Get in touch with your customers and encourage them to leave reviews on their social media accounts.
2. Find relevant KOCs in your niche and send them free samples
Another good method is to engage in product seeding activities. Conduct social media research to find relevant KOCs in your niche and send them free samples of your product. This technique is very low-risk but high-reward, as the brand only needs to pay for the products and shipping costs.
3. Establish a long-term cooperative relationship with KOCs
To establish a long-term relationship, make sure the relationship is one of mutual respect and benefits. You need to understand and consider the KOCs’ interests. When KOCs’ interests and needs are met, it will help KOCs stay actively involved and engaged. It is also important to embrace KOCs’ feedback. By valuing their input, this will not only continuously motivate them to actively participate but can also help you to improve your own products.
I hope this blog post has given you a useful introduction to KOC marketing in China. For more in-depth information, read the full-length guide here. The guide covers:
- what KOC marketing is and why it matters
- the unique characteristics of KOCs
- the advantages of KOC marketing over KOL marketing in China
- top tips for running an effective KOC marketing campaign in China
- case studies from two global brands (Lancôme and Olay) who have used KOC marketing to boost their success in China
Latest posts by Kylie Wang (see all)
- 3 tips for KOC marketing in China - January 13, 2021
- Upcoming webinar: How to leverage Chinese New Year for B2B success - January 6, 2021