Ed Pushman – Microsoft adCenter presents the Microsoft Live Search product.
- Driving digital customer engagement – Microsoft has made many recent acquisitions, platforms and brands for people to use.
- Display and Search: more effective together – running display and search together has a much greater impact (x7), more time spent and greater number of secure pages visited.
- Presents Engagement mapping – they are creating an engagement modeling to measure the entire true value of a campaign.
- Microsoft Live Search Expansion of search40% unanswered queries50% queries require refinement high cost and commitment
- Live Search has an approx. 4.5% share UK YAHOO! 4.8% and Google 75.3%
- Algorithm and Index are important and have priority, now using multimap as mapping software
- Research Investment – Blind Taste Test, a comparison between Live.com and other search engines to test validity of the results
- Search behaviours: 3 categories Find, Discover, Explore – these are highly engaged in their exploring, the most interesting group
- Farecast – currently all around travel.A way to get the best price for travel or hotel (US innovation)
- Cashback – the provider will give you a cashback in your cashback account – you gather money in your account
- New search technology centre – european specific with new innovations that will be lead also in Europe, not only the US, trying to be more country specific.
- Most activity has been concentrated on making the search product better before any further branding of the live search product.
- It’s harder to bring back users that have had a bad experience.
- New tools for the adCenter have ben released – adcenter desktop tool now available, this was the N. 1 request of users – designed around office 2007, now in beta available to premium clients, now the excel plugin – allows to do research on keywords an keyoword suggestions.
- adExcellence is the Online Educational Tutorial website to learn all about adCenter (www.adExcellence.com) there is also an adCenter Community (adcentercommunity.com)
The following two tabs change content below.
Sante J. Achille
Latest posts by Sante J. Achille (see all)
- European Interactive Advertising Association Report Dec. 2010 - December 21, 2010
- Buy Tourism Online 2010, Florence – Italy - November 17, 2010
- Statistics on Internet Usage in Italy September 2010 - November 15, 2010